For information on manuscript editing please see the respective page. For all other inquiries, please use the contact box on this page using the guide below.
I’m looking forward to hearing from you!
“THESE WORDS MATTER”
If you’re a published author and interested in writing for “These Words Matter,” please use this form with “THESE WORDS MATTER” in the subject line.
Inquiries from agents and publicists are welcome.
If you’re hoping to sign up for a particular month (because your book is publishing the month before), please specify this at the beginning of your message. Where possible, I will accommodate such a request.
I am currently scheduling “These Words Matter” contributors for 2018.
I cannot accept ARCs for:
- Book Reviews: I do not review books in return for ARCs/galleys. All of my 5 star ratings are available on my Goodreads page, and my reviews are available on this website. I only review titles that I believe are worth 5 stars, so I do not accept ARCs/galleys in return for a book review.
I can accept ARCs for:
- Publicity (physical copies preferred): At this time, I am only able to accept ARCs and galleys from (and write promotional publications for) traditionally published authors. For examples of my promotional materials, please see the next subheading.
- Social Promotion (physical copies only): The “In My Mailbox” feature on this website includes showcases of books that have been sent to my mailbox. My Instagram includes regular #bookstagram posts. These Instagrams are also shared on my Twitter.
My Reading Preferences (for a sense of what types of ARCs I love–UPDATED FEBRUARY 2017):
- Gritty, Realistic YA: Ellen Hopkins (all), Courtney Summers (all), John Green (Looking For Alaska & The Fault in Our Stars), Amy Reed (Clean), Amber Smith (The Way I Used to Be), Christa Desir (Fault Line), etc.
- Letters/Verse YA: Ellen Hopkins, Sarah Crossan (One and We Come Apart), Stephen Chbosky (The Perks of Being a Wallflower), Go Ask Alice.
- Romance/Coming of Age YA: Lauren Gibaldi (The Night We Said Yes), Jennifer Niven (All the Bright Places), etc.
- Middle Grade (virtually any sub-genre): Laura Dower (From the Files of Madison Finn), J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter), Cornelia Funke (Inkheart and Dragon Rider), Louis Sachar (Holes), Holly Black (The Spiderwick Chronicles), Lemony Snicket (A Series of Unfortunate Events), etc.
- Auto-Biographies: Ellen Hopkins (Flirtin’ With the Monster), Lauren Graham (Talking As Fast As I Can), Tyler Oakley (Binge), Lena Dunham (Not That Kind of Girl), etc.
- Dystopian/Adventure YA: Veronica Roth (Divergent & Insurgent), Suzanne Collins (The Hunger Games), etc.
If you’d like to send me an ARC, please send me a message with “ARC” in the subject line.
AUTHOR PROMOTIONAL PUBLICATIONS
I have worked with PR representatives from St. Martin’s Press, HarperCollins, Simon & Schuster, Macmillan, and Bloomsbury to produce promotional publications for their authors. Some noteworthy publications include:
- An interview and promotional material for Ellen Hopkins’ Traffick;
- Campaign awareness of Courtney Summers’ #ToTheGirls for the release of her novel All the Rage;
- Interviews with Harriet Reuter Hapgood, Marianne Levy, Jenny McLachlan, and Holly Smale about why they write comedy for young women;
- Interviews with Amber Smith, Courtney Summers, Ellen Hopkins, and Christa Desir about why rape culture is detrimental.
If you are interested in collaborating to publish author promotional materials, please use the contact form below with “PROMOTIONAL” in the subject line. I have working relationships with several publications, including HelloGiggles, Quirk Books, and Bustle. I am also able to pitch to other publications that accept freelance submissions. Please detail in your message which publications you would be interested in.
All written content, with the exception of referenced quotations, are the copyright of Bree Crowder.
All graphics (header image, overlays) were created by the wonderfully talented Masha Pimas, and are owned by Bree Crowder.
All images that are not owned by Bree Crowder are linked to their appropriate sources. Any images which do not link outside of BreeCrowder.com are the property of Bree Crowder.
No content may be reproduced or redistributed without the explicit written consent of its owner, with the exception of short segments used for academic or promotional materials (using appropriate citation).
For permissions, please use the contact form below with “COPYRIGHT” in the subject line.